Friday, August 24, 2018

So far I have been plagued with beautiful blue skies on  this trip. Unfortunately that will soon end with all of the Calif. fires that are still burning.

The Navigation system on this new Goldwing is suspect at best. However it does route me via some very pleasant roads to ride. I thought these rocks looked like shipwrecks in the desert.

This is the Forestry Services building in Wrightwood, CA. I was going to use their facilities but a sign on the door said they were across the street.

This made me think of the rook on a giant chess set. It stands as the eastern gateway to Angeles Crest Hwy.

I liked the verse, it been there a long time.

Lots of beautiful scenery along this hwy, but it is so technical that you must stop if you want to view it. If you don't, you will become part of it.






This is the Mt. Wilson Observatory. It houses a 100" telescope that was the largest in the world until the Palomar Scope was commissioned.

I thought this was the road I wanted to ride, but it was actually Mulholland Hwy. I found it, and rode it.

I pulled into this turnout on Mulholland Hwy and these kids took off on their skateboards with no apparent safety gear.

These two cars pulled out to protect them from the rear.


At this point they were probably doing 35 mph.

By the time they reached this point they were traveling all of 60+ mph.

More crazy then riding motorcycles!!!

I had a late lunch here in Ventura. It was pretty good and will last me until tomorrows breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment