Thursday, May 10, 2018

Finally, I'm on the road again! I had a doctor appointment this morning so I got a bit of a late start. I made it to Superior, AZ and had two delicious chili rellenos.

Very good and they held me for 7 hours.

If you ever go through Superior, stop for some great Mexican food at Los Hermanos.

Superior is an old mining town. I'm not sure if it is still active, but I think it is.

Entering the Salt River Canyon just outside of Globe, AZ

You can see the Salt River down there.

Any river in AZ is exciting.


Especially the ones with water in them.

At one time this was a really cool ore sample display, but some real low life stole the bronze plaques that described each sample.

I stopped at most of the view points as I wasn't in a big hurry today.

I got a little misplaced (not lost) while trying to find Fort Apache. Instead I found the cool ranch entrance.

See, I told you I wasn't lost. This is the dorm for the grade school at Fort Apache. Some of the kids are so remote on the Reservation that they only go home on weekends.

I took the liberty to  park under this tree in the shade while I went and paid my fee and viewed the museum.

I'm a function before form guy, but this trunk bag looks like a diaper with a load in it. Kuryakin better come up with something soon. :)


A look inside the Generals Cabin

I believe all but one of the builds at Fort Apache have gone through restoration work.




This is the only original building and it is being used as the post office.

It used to be what the sign says

This was the commissary 

The school is still being used for three grades.

I think this was a milking barn

The White River coming from the White Mountains

There are a lot of these free range horses all over the reservation.

This one crossed the main highway right in front of me.

As I was leaving the town of Fort Apache......

.......there was a little fire incident.


They must have got on top of it right away. They even had a Hot Shot Crew there.

Is this where they are making the new Goldwing?

There are two guarantees on road trips. Weather and you guessed it, road construction. At the front of the line, we had a nice visit!

If I was driving the pilot truck, the wait would be much shorter.

No comments:

Post a Comment