Monday, October 29, 2018

I've been riding past Mt Graham for many years and just recently discovered that there is a road that will take you near the top. Surface is a little loose so caution is advised.

It takes you from the desert to the pines

And since it is late Oct. it is showing a little color.

If it weren't for the curves, the road would be dead straight.

Road turned to dirt, I turned around for now.

I will be back on the dual sport

Serenity

Incredible Views!

Lightning or Man caused?

Who said there is no color in AZ?

Highest sign I saw but pretty sure I reached 9000'

This one area is home to many private cabins. Some tiny, some large.

At least one year around spring on the mountain.

Old town Wilcox, AZ

A DQ from days gone by but still alive

Looks abandoned from this angle, but still in operation.

The Indians called this the land of "Standing Up Rocks"

Probably 10 years since I was last here.

I've forgotten how beautiful it is.

In a pic or two you will see what the Indians were talking about.


It get's better!

Mama and baby


Just baby

Add caption

Color to boot!




Selfie



A pretty (but shy) Mexican Jay

About 40 miles to Cochise Stronghold



One of the locals

It's called Cochise Head, I really don't see it myself.

Looks like something on top of the hill

Looks like a hiking destination that's not for me.
Another Selfie (tiny tripods are cool)
















There is a good sized spring on this hill too!

I approached this from the other side and it was blocked from my view until I was only about twenty yards from it doing 65 mph. I hit the binders and made it through just fine. It could have been a real issue if I hadn't been paying attention. About 4 to 5 inches deep in the middle.



A closer view of Cochise Stronghold

The Dragoon Mts. They actually look a lot better than this pic shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment